WHAT: 2021 Korea Week, a celebration of Korean culture’s impact in Canada and the diaspora at large.
PRESENTED BY: Korea Culture Centre and The Embassy of the Republic of Korea
WHEN: September 20th – October 13th, 2021
WHERE: Virtual (Online) and Ottawa (Various Locations)
- Ambassador Keung Ryong Chang, Embassy of the Republic of Korea
- Director Sungeun Lee, Korean Cultural Centre Canada
- The Ottawa Korean Film Festival (OKFF): September 20th – October 13th
- The 4th OKFF, “Cities of Korea”, will introduce an exciting lineup of films featuring various images of cities across Korea. The OKFF will screen six remarkable films online for free.
- Korean Food Cook-Off: September 20th – October 1st
- The 2nd Korean Food Cook-Off in Canada will be inviting numerous social media influencers to compete for the best Kimchi dish
- K-Food Sauce Contest: September 23rd – October 7th
Inspired by the huge success of BTS’ collaboration with McDonald’s, the Korean Cultural Centre will host their first K-Food Sauce Contest to discover talented food creators who can creatively develop their unique K-sauce using Korean fermented pastes and sauces.
2021 Korea Week
– September 20 ~ October 13: The 4th Ottawa Korean Film Festival (OKFF)
– September 20 ~ October 1: The 2nd Korean Food Cook-Off in Canada
– September 20 ~ October 5: The 2nd Ambassador’s Cup Poomsae Championship
– September 21 ~ October 12: Spotted: Hangeul – Photo Contest
– September 23 ~ October 7: K-Food Sauce Contest
– September 26, 7PM (EST): Strings Quartet & Korean Traditional Music Performance
– September 28 ~ December 12: Korean Modern Art: Daegu Scenery
– September 30, 8PM (EST): K-Pop Online Concert: Stella Jang
– October 6, 8PM (EST): <The Magic Flute> Family Opera – Online Screening
– October 8, 7PM (EST): Hangeul Day Celebration: Calligraphy
– October 9, 7PM (EST): 2021 K-Pop Cover Dance Festival