Portion of the funds raised goes to providing free wigs for kids during their cancer journey. Sunday September 22nd from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm at the Algonquin College Salon and Spa – Building A
There’s still time to register and fundraise – receive a wash, style, cut or shave from a professional stylist/barber from various salons and shops in the Ottawa area.
There will be fun activities going on as you wait for your appointment – Before/After pictures, princesses, superheroes, star wars and of course the CHEO Bear.
If you cannot participate you can still donate – for full information visit – www.hairdonationottawa.com
Hair Donation Ottawa raises funds for cutting-edge cancer research at CHEO, and empowers kids with hair loss by providing them with FREE wigs.
WHAT WE DO:
Hair Donation Ottawa is an annual, non-profit, cancer research fundraiser for the CHEO Foundation, where people raise pledges for donating their hair and/or shaving their heads (or beards) at the event. Each participant who raises the minimum fundraising amount ($150 for adults, or $75 for children & youth under 18 years of age) will receive a wash, cut & style (or shave) from a professional hair stylist or barber at the event. Participating hair stylists and barbers from various Ottawa area salons, as well as teaching staff and students from the Algonquin College Hairstyling Program, volunteer their time for this amazing cause!
PROCEEDS GO TOWARDS:
• Cutting-edge cancer research at the CHEO Research Institute.
• Two annual $500 Bursaries to financially challenged Algonquin College Hairstyling Program students to help offset their tuition fees and/or text books.
• All suitable hair donations go towards the manufacture and fitting of approximately (10) ten FREE human hair and/or synthetic hair wigs a year for financially challenged local children; in partnership with Caralyn’s Hair & Wig Design.
• We proudly support Green Circle Salons! All hair unsuitable for the wig-making process is sent off to be made into hair booms for oil spills on the world’s beaches, lakes & oceans.
• The manufacture and supply of a free, trendy head scarf for every CHEO patient that needs one.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT DONATIONS OF HAIR PRIOR TO THE EVENT
If you have hair that you would like to donate beforehand, you can register to fundraise and bring the hair to the event along with your fundraising total. Click here to register.
If you have hair that you would like to just donate, please contact:
1568 Merivale Road, Unit #3
Ottawa ON K2G 3J9