Quick Facts – 2018
- The region’s biggest family party, The CHEO Teddy Bears’ Picnic takes place this Saturday, June 23rd on the grounds of Rideau Hall. (No rain date)
- At the recent CHEO Telethon a record $10,648,449 was raised for CHEO’s kids.
- The Teddy Bears’ Picnic is CHEO’s way of thanking the people in our amazing communities for their continued support.
- It is a fun-filled day in which CHEO celebrates families and children and is jam-packed with activities for kids of all ages.
- The day begins with a celebrity breakfast from 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. where pancakes, sausages, juice and coffee will be served by local celebrities. This year the breakfast is free (while quantities last) thanks to our friends at Sezlik.com.
- At 9 a.m. the popular B*A*S*H Tent (Bear Ambulatory Surgical Hospital) will open. Children are invited to bring their teddy bears and other stuffed animals for their yearly check-up and visit to the dentist.
- At 9:30 a.m., another local celebrity – CHEO Bear – will lead the parade of mascots to the delight of children big and small.
- Carnival games presented by Giant Tiger, clowns, face painting and free tours of the Governor General’s official residence are also on the agenda.
- Family entertainment is also offered on the main stage between 10 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. All festivities end at 2 p.m.
- For more information visit http://www.cheofoundation.com
There is no parking available on site, free parking and shuttles will be available at CHEO, 401 Smyth Rd. in Lots C and D starting at 7 a.m. The last returning shuttle bus leaves the grounds at 2:15 p.m. There is also free parking at NRC, 100 Sussex Dr. which is just a short walk to the picnic.
Admission is free, as are most of the activities thanks to the generous support of our corporate Good Bears: Bell, Canadian Forces Health Services, Giant Tiger, Sezlik.com and Rideau Hall. Nominal fees may be charged for some food and refreshments.
For more information please call (613) 737-2780.