But wait, I PROMISE, if you also do this, family members, friends or anyone who gets to experience the end result will think it’s pretty awesome!
I thought, since pretzels are my favourite snack, why not bake up a batch for this week’s 52 in 52!
First I had to find a somewhat easy recipe since yours truly is no Gordon Ramsay!
After a quick Google search and comparing a few different ones, I settled on a recipe at AllRecipes.com called Large Soft Pretzels (Quick.)
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 5 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 egg, beaten
If you couldn’t quite follow along with the recipe on my video, the steps are below.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Mix water and sugar together in a bowl until sugar is dissolved; add yeast. Let mixture stand until the yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk flour, butter, and salt together in a bowl until well mixed; add yeast mixture and stir with a fork until dough starts to cling. Turn dough onto a floured work surface and knead until smooth.
- Cut dough into 15 equal pieces and roll each piece between your hands into rope shapes at least the thickness of a pencil. Twist dough into desired shapes and arrange on a baking sheet; brush with egg and sprinkle coarse salt over each.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pretzels are browned and cooked through, 8 to 12 minutes.
© 2019 Corus Radio, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.